Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Kristal's First Review

Picture

When 3 Girl's Review's told me that I could start reviewing for them, I had visions of receiving free merchandise and all sorts of awesome treats that I could experiment with and then tell others what I thought. But, of course, you have to build a reputation before people just start sending you stuff! So I started looking around my house, trying to think of what I should review to start. Teething toys? I mean, my daughter did just cut 2 brand new teeth.. but she doesn't really like her teething toys. Our new potty chair that my daughter refuses to sit on? Nah. Oh, I know!! Movies!!.. oh wait, most of those are on VHS and have been around since I was a little girl :)

...And then it came to me. What do I love, more than I love movies, more than I love cute patterned fabrics and hair bows and jewlery? Why, of course, cloth diapers!!! I have an extensive collection, everything from pockets, all in one's, fitteds, even some flats with covers. But my favorites, my all time favorites, are 
Daisy Doodles
Yes, you read that right. Daisy Doodles. What are they?? They are only the most awesome cloth diapers ever made! I have been in this game for a while, and I have yet to find anything that suits so many different types of children, so many situations, so many.. well just about anything I or you can imagine! 
So.. what exactly are Daisy Doodles? They are diapers, of course! Well, we know that, smart ass, but what makes them so wonderful!? Let me tell you:

-Daisy Doodles are All-In-Two's. This means they have a waterproof outer shell, and snap- or lay-in soakers. You don't have to change the whole diaper every time! With a good supply of soakers and just a few shells, you can diaper a child for an entire day! This is really helpful when you, like me, misplace shells or leave them at various other people's houses with no chance of finding them ever again. 

- They are super convenient!  My now 2 1/2 year old daughter has been in Daisy Doodles since she was 5 months old. At the time, I went through a lot of diapers looking for something I liked. Pockets were too messy, All in One's took too long to dry. Fitteds were wet all the time and I didn't see the point of covering up a cute print with a generic cover. When I got my first Daisy Doodle, I wasn't sure I was going to like them. I got three off of Diaperswappers, and I haven't looked back. I loved the ease of snapping in a liner which kept everything neat for putting it on a squirmy butt, and then swapping out liners instead of having to go through a million diaper shells a day! I only had to bring one extra shell and a few liners when we went out instead of 3-4 bulky diapers that took up the whole diaper bag! 

- The sizing is amazing! The 2 1/2 year old is STILL in her Daisy Doodles that I bought over 2 years ago. Unlike a lot of diapers that I have tried, and ones I see on other cloth diapered children, mine don't have a whole lot of extra bulk to them either. They are trim, they have a bikini-like fit, and the snaps are placed in just the right places so that they will fit for a good long time! I have one skinny-legged miss and a chunky munky butt.. and they both fit into these diapers with ease. Plus, with their front AND back elastic, I have never ever ever had a poopy mess that wasn't contained! Even the nastiest *things* my daughters have managed to produce stay contained.. which to me is just amazing! 

As you might be able to tell, we had another baby about a year ago. I had a very small stash of size small diapers when she was born, and only one Daisy Doodle. Needless to say it was the most used diaper in the lot, but she very quickly outgrew it as she got chunky munky. By 4 months she was into a Med. size diaper, and sharing her sister's stash of Daisy Doodles. I love these diapers so much that I had my own fabric (that I bought to make diapers out of but did NOT succeed in doing) shipped out to Christa to make some more of these fantastic diapers. I have more fabric to ship out to her soon too, as I really just can't get enough! I probably have 30, and I still want more! 

Christa, from Daisy Doodles, is a wonderful, considerate, and talented woman. She created the Daisy Doodle pattern herself, and promotes it as the only 100% serged diaper out there. I wish I knew her sewing secrets, but that would probably put her out of a job! She is happy to help with questions, problems, and anything else you might need in relation to making her diapers work fantastically for your family. She even offered to replace the snaps on some of my dipes (free of charge!)  when I was having problems. 
She has a fantastic site designed to show off and sell her diapers: www.daisydoodles.com 
be sure to check it out! 

No comments: