Monday, April 18, 2011

Body Luxe

I was excited to get my little package from body luxe because they are a local company for me here in NY. It came in a very pretty little bag. The Serenity body butter that I got was in their signature blue container. It was super creamy . Putting it on did not leave my skin feeling greasy but soft and silky.. Although it was a bit too perfume-y in the container for my liking, it wasn’t on my skin, which I was happy about, ending up being really light and clean. I would definitely buy it again because I really like how it makes my skin feel. I put it on after every shower.

From their site:
Serenity:::: Classic sandalwood with jasmine, cedar wood, gardenia & musk for a grounded,balanced & relaxing scent.

The next thing they sent that I tried was their Minx essential oil perfume. At first smell I was a little skeptical, as it was a stronger smell and smelled something along the lines of the sandalwood but once I put it on it smelled great! A soft kind of citrus-y smell which makes sense because it is made with the scent of orange blossoms. I really like it and use it just about every day. It comes in a little roller container so it can ride along in your purse with no spilling. It comes out smooth and doesn’t drip or run once its on. The smell dissipates over time and if you were out and about would probably need to reapply after awhile but its worth it.
From their site:

Minx::: Sultry, intoxicating and seductive. A smoldering blend of Neroli, Sandalwood, Musk, Bergamot and Orange Blossom.

The last thing that they sent me was bath salts. The scent is Provence. It smells great. Unfortunately I have not had the chance to take bath, which is usually the case, but I very much look forward to taking a nice long bath.. Their bath salts are made from both sea salts, including dead sea salts and dendritic sea salts, and Epsom salts, grape seed and essential oils and dried flowers.



Pro: great prices, a great variety, customizable, great customer service, great looking products

Cons:
the initial smell of their body butters/essential oil perfumes may be a bit strong for some but they end very soft and light.



Overall: Body Luxe is a great little company. They offer a great assortment of scents that they can add to their products. They also offer great little sampler sets that can be customized to the scent you want. Their products look great and leave your body feeling silky smooth, your senses calm, and you smelling great! I would definitely recommend trying them out! Cant decide on just one scent or one product? Its ok they got you covered with their sampler sets!

Want to try Body Luxe yourself?? Go check out their site, and give them some love! Let them know that 3G sent you! Contest will run till the 29th! Good luck everyone!!
Be sure to check out her sister site, Kasia Blue for some great handmade jewelry!

No comments: