Friday, December 3, 2010

Just Dance: Sadie's Review

I gotta tell ya, even though I really enjoyed playing this game, I got bored with it really fast! Out of 32 songs, I knew maybe half of them. Out of that half, I liked about 10 or so. Eye of the Tiger, Girls Just Wanna Have Fun, and Womanizer - those songs were all played a million times while we had this game! Others, like Louie Louie and Fame, were not played at all.

Dance Off mode is awesome, but you need a lot of room to be able to dance next to each other. It was a tight squeeze for us.

This game got our whole family up and moving. My 9 year old just about mastered the game, and my girlfriend and I competed with each other and had a blast. As far as the 5 year old and 4 year old, they enjoyed it but couldn't actually keep up. They had just as much fun watching us, though. It's one of those games that everyone enjoys.

I think it would be really neat if they'd come out with a game where you can download your own music, and dance to it. Not sure if that will be possible any time in the near future, but I bet somebody is already working on it! Then the game would never get boring because you could switch the songs out after you've played them a little while.

Just Dance 2 was recently released, and we will be renting this game instead of buying it. Just Dance is just one of those games that you can love for a few weeks and then it will just sit on the shelf and collect dust. If you rent it and love it, then you can still buy it. :) There are 40+ songs on Just Dance 2, including hits by Ke$ha, Rhianna, and the Ting Tings. When viewing the song list, I knew about half of the songs just like with the first game. I'm excited to try it, but will not be rushing out to spend $50+ on a game I will most likely get bored with in a week or two.

GOOD: This game has a variety of songs. You can dance to New Kids on the Block, Britney Spears, MC Hammer, and more all on one game. I love variety! Dance off Mode was challenging, and the game definitely encourages you to move. You only have to use the controllers, instead of having to drag out the balance board and/or dance pad. Now that Just Dance 2 came out, Just Dance is only about $30 which is pretty good for a wii game. The song doesn't cut off if you miss too many beats (like with Guitar Hero and similar games), which is also nice.

BAD: After about a week, I started to get bored. I tried different modes and songs, and it kept me going for another week or two, but I think this is more of a "rental" game unless you have friends over frequently that would like to play (though you'd be great at it and they'd just be learning so I'm not sure how challenging that would be).

Overall: I will give this game 3 stars out of 5, because it is affordable.. it is fun.. and it does have variety.

No comments: