Tuesday, October 19, 2010

St. Ives Whipped Silk Body Lotion: Ashley's Review

I purchased this lotion in a pinch at a local grocery store. The label boasted 'silky smooth skin' and regular use will 'prevent over-dry skin from recurring'. Ummm...not! Now, to be fair, I have extremely dry skin (seriously, the Mohave Desert is jealous of my dry) so it usually takes breaking out the big guns when it comes to keeping my skin hydrated. HOWEVER, this was during the summer and my skin wasn't *quite* as dry then, so I figured it would do--again, in a pinch. So I decided to give it a whirl. 

The Good: At about $5 a bottle, it's affordable. You also get a substantial amount: 18oz and the pump top bottle makes it user friendly. It also smells nice. Not too perfumy and the fragrance isn't lingering. Clean and pleasant, I'll say. That's where the 'good' ends. 

The Bad: It didn't moisturize NEARLY as well as I'd hoped (and I really wasn't expecting much to begin with). It basically felt like putting water on my skin (really, my skin was 'wet' immediately after application). Once I dried off, I was dried out. If you have oily or even slightly-oily normal skin, this could be for you. Otherwise, find something else. Plus, it's not natural and that's my preference when I have a choice (again, I was in desperate need of SOMETHING at the time).

The Ugly: I give this product a 2 out of 5 stars. Unless you have that rare oily-in-the-winter skin type, then it could easily by a 4. If you do happen to be one of those types, you can find it online here: St Ives Softening Whipped Silk Body Lotion 18oz or in most any grocery, drug or big-box retail store.

No comments: