Monday, October 25, 2010

Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Vacuum: Ashley's Review

Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum, Bagless, UH70120 I purchased this vacuum earlier this year, around early April. Actually it was purchased for me by my husband as a surprise (we lost our last one in a move). He said he bought it because it was similar to our previous model and on sale--good job Jim! hahaha. The feature I immediately fell in love with was the retractable cord. Indicated by the term 'rewind' in the name, this little feature makes that simple, yet often times annoying, task of wrapping that lengthy cord around those two hooks a breeze. Simply push the foot petal and zoom! the cord rewinds into it's little storage space. Even my 4 year old gets a kick out of rewinding the cord herself. Neat right? Well, there's more:

The Good: Aside from the nifty rewind feature, this model also features a height adjustment for the roller (including a setting for bare floors), a 27-foot cord and washable filters, one of which being a HEPA. In addition, it has a system check indicator light that lets you know when the filters need to be checked or replaced (although, according to Amazon.com, the filters should not need replacing with regular care). On top of this it comes with the standard attachment accessories: crevice tool, upholstery brush, dusting tool and extension wand. Plus the canister is super easy to empty as it opens from the bottom and snaps into place with ease. Did I mention the powder button is right on the handle, within thumb's reach? Yeah this is a pretty sweet vacuum, if I do say so myself.  And it sucks great too! (in a good way)

The Bad: Not much, really. Although it's always nice to have a wet-dry vac, that's not necessarily a must and the same goes for the headlight feature that some other vacuums carry. I suppose for some the price might be an issue. We got it on sale for under $100. Regular retail price is $129, so I'd say it's moderately priced.

Overall I give this a 5 out of 5. It really is excellent for our family but we don't have pets so I cannot attest to it's performance in high-shed environments. It's a model we would purchase again, that's for sure.


If you're interested in checking it out, you can find it on Amazon.com here: Hoover WindTunnel T-Series Rewind Upright Vacuum, Bagless, UH70120

No comments: