Monday, October 25, 2010

Homemade Gourmet: Sadie's Review

A friend on Facebook recently told me about Homemade Gourmet. I wasn't sure what to expect, but I love to cook so I was excited to try it.



Amy sent me the Homemade Gourmet® Season 'n' Steam Broccoli Beef Mix, and the Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Mix to try. I added mushrooms to the beef and broccoli mix, and it tasted great! The kids didn't care for it too much, but Rachel and I did. :) The pumpkin pie cheesecake is something I wouldn't regularly care for, so I gave it to my mother-in-law. She was impressed and asked for the # so she could order some more items.

After looking around the website at prices, I will say they are affordable but for what you get, I don't know if it's entirely worth it. You still have to buy the meat, broccoli, and other veggies/rice/etc. So maybe for a date night, or a dinner night where you wouldn't mind spending a few extra dollars, it would be great. I suggest pairing the beef and broccoli with rice. :)

The Good: Overall, I was satisfied and will most likely order in the future because Amy made it a great experience and the mix did taste great. I can't honestly say I'd be interested in this company if it weren't for her great customer service and friendly attitude, though. I think the rep definitely makes the company here.

The Bad: It didn't make the meal any simpler or easy, just tasted better. :)

If you're interested in ordering, you can contact Amy on Facebook by visiting her fan page here or searching Homemade Gourmet Amy Lemons on Facebook. Let her know 3 Girls sent you. :)

Have you tried Homemade Gourmet? We'd love to hear your opinions on this company!

No comments: