Sunday, March 20, 2011

Vital Goods Review

Dreadlocks are becoming more popular among the mainstream crowd, which means there are more and more dread care shops popping up. This is a good thing, but not all dread care products are created equal.

My girlfriend has only had dreads for about a month, but we have already started to find out what works and what doesn't work. Unfortunately, some of the things we've tried have left her hair feeling (and looking) not so great.


Luckily, we found Vital Goods. After using their Rosemary Mint Shea Butter Black Shampoo only one time, we noticed a big difference in her dreads.


Even if we didn't love how the shampoo helped her dreads, we'd keep it around because it smells A-MA-ZZZING! I want some air freshener, or maybe some melts, that smell this way. Wonder if they could do that for me... :)

The packaging is simple enough: just a plain bottle with a label on the back describing the product (it got wet and doesn't show up anymore, so we took a pic of the front).


For only $6 a bottle, this dread shampoo is a steal. Just for fun, I tried it on my own hair. It made it look and feel a bit different as well... can't explain it really, other than "nappy" (which can be a good or a bad thing, depending on your personal preference). It kind of felt (and looked) like I had hairspray in, but I didn't.

Vital Goods also offers other products...

Natural Deodorant Bars for only $5
Natural Patchouli Honey Shea Butter Deodorant Bar

Aroma Therapy Headache RX (I need to try this!)
Aroma Therapy Headache Rx

Can't wait to see what else they come up with!! Knotty Boy watch out, this shop sells things for less than half the price of your items and they smell better!! 

SHOP, or show some LOVE. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You should try the headache stuff and do a review of that for me =) Maybe I'll do it sometime!